Wednesday, May 31

Leaving Sofia May 28

Sunday morning I have started to filter the oil. I have connected the van to the electricity so I did not use my batteries. It was quite slow and messy. Filtering from one 30 l tank to another and pouring it to the main oil tank took more than 1 hour. When I come back I will connect the filter directly to the main tank. This will make it much easier and less messy. It took almost all day to filter 130 liters and clean all the mess and pack the van for the journey. Traveling myself would not be very interesting so I have invited Ceca – Serbian designer to join me going to Macedonia, Albania and Monte Negro. We have finally left around 6 PM. The plan was to go to Ohrid through Kocani (it was suggested by Tomas because there is nice gypsy orchestra from Kocani). The first part of the road from Sofia was closed but having a very good navigator we have arrived to the Macedonian borders at midnight. The custom officers were very nice and we did not need any visa. We planed to sleep somewhere closed to the boarders, but we could not find any interesting place. So we went to Kalimanci dam. And stayed close to the water.

No comments: