Wednesday, May 31

Policeman Georgi Kocani May 29

We decided to leave Kocani and continue our tip to Ohrid. We stopped to the gas station to ask a policemen which direction we should take. He was very pleasant and he invited us in for a drink (water) in a small restaurant and started to draw a map for us. When he realized that Ceca is from Serbia and Belgrade the story began….a lot of Tito – objects, souvenirs from the period of Yugoslavia, pictures of Tito-ex-president of Yugoslavia. He invited us to come in the evening to his house. So our plan was changed. We have returned to Kocani, found the lake Gratce…it was very nice at the lake, relaxed. And there was going to be a performance from the amatures performance festival. At 8 clock we met Georgi, our policemen from gas station, in front of his police station in Kocani. We have spent interesting time with him, his wife and children in his home. For him that was an opportunity to show us his personal museum, his personal memories… We returned to lake Gratce to spend a night there-a sleep with beautiful view. Ceca was hopping that maybe there can be Vladimir, her colleague from postgraduate studies of scene design who is an actor. In Kocani this day was an opening of amateur theatre festival. He was not there, we went to sleep in our eco-auto.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GEORGI
policemen, Kocani, 47 years, wife, two kids

"Every 4th May I am on Tito s grave."

“I have souvenirs from different political parties from different countries."

"At home I have one room, with 2 sculptures of Tito, 40 photographs of Tito…"

"I have 47 years."
In 1979. I have been to “slet” that was the last “slet” before Tito died, yesterday we made one “slet “ in Skopje. (slet - annual celebration, meeting on date of Tito s birthday, 25th of May)."
"This is our center Tito. This is me in the museum “25th of May.
Here we where singing “Long live Yugoslavia”.

"In Yugoslavia everything was better. Great. Without passport you could travel from here to Maribor (Slovenia), without any problems.I was in army in Serbia in town of Cuprija."

"Look, I have money from the first Yugoslavia, kingdom of Yugoslavia. (before II world war)."

"Police is here very nice, only if you do something very bad on the road then policeman have to react. We are good to the foreigners."

"This is me on photograph, article about me, it was in 25 years from Tito death. This is from Skopje, also on 25th of May."

"Before I was a policeman in Tetovo, that were my first steps, before 20 years. I was born here in Kocani.Here we do not have so many problems, usual, relaxed relations. Gypsies are here in “Geto”, but in center of the town not on the border."

We have our society- group “Left forces of Tito”, yesterday Tito s grandson was in Skopje with his wife, we are seeing each other very often."

"I will take you to my house in the evening and I will show you everything what I got."

"I am not corrupted, people sometimes are offering me money, I am a policeman for 25 years and I have never taken money (mito). I have everything what I need, house, I rent those 2 shops down.
I have worked on Kosovo, in Urosevac, in Yugoslavia time. This is Albanian house, this I took from them -Tito s photograph, I admit that, wherever I see Tito s picture I have to take it." (Georgi)