Wednesday, May 31

Sofia May 27

On Saturday morning we prepared a small 1 day installation of personal memories created in Bela Rechka. The exhibition was in a courtyard of a small gallery. There was a very nice jazz concert and a lot of people who saw the exhibition and projection from Bela Rechka. After the exhibition my friend Radmila arrange meeting with her friend Anna who is collecting old oil from restaurants in Sofia and makes bio diesel. She brought me 130l of unfiltered very good quality used oil. It cost me only 80 leva (40 Euro). The price of 1 liter diesel is about 1,80 Leva, less than 1 Euro. It was quite interesting to find out their story of making bio diesel. They have started about 1 year ago and they are collecting oil from several restaurants in Sofia and turning it into bio diesel. There is no law for recycling the oil and if they do not pay the restaurants they pour it to the sink. I have shown and explained them that my car can run on straight vegetable oil which I can filter. It was the first time I was going to use my onboard oil filter so I was very exited. The oil was very clean and smelled nicely of fish and chips. We managed to put it all in the van and I have started filtering the 1st 30 liters. It went quite well and I was very happy that my dream of using oil that I can collect on my journeys from restaurants and filter it is coming to true.

No comments: