Saturday, December 23

Day 3 - Beograd / Sofia

Pumping oil
We got up after 7 to meet Agnieszkas friend Maria and I arranged meeting with Ceca. It was quite cold and snow. There was a lot of traffic and we got to the main train station around 10. Agnieszka went with Maria and went to meet Ceca. It was very nice to see her again. We have travelled together in June through Macedonia. We were making plans for our new project Prophets of the Alphabet and what we could do in Sofia. We left Sofia around 12 and continued our journey to Sofia. We took again the most expensive freeway in Europe - 200 km cost me 45 euro, but it was much faster than taking the small roads. The road to the Bulgarian boarders through the small tunnels was also good and we managed to pass the 10 km truck line before the boarders. Passing the boarder control one week before Bulgaria joins the EU was without any problems, but we still had to pay 5 Euro for car disinfection and 4 Euro for the one week toll road sticker. On the way to sofia I was caught by police. It was the same place as 2 years ago. There was a 50 km sigh than 60 km after some time I felt it is ok and I wend 70 and I was caught. The police man told us that we have to pay 70 leva (35 euro) at the boarder. I told him that we go all the way to Egypt and than I gave him 20 Euro. I also showed him a book from Bela Rechka with our photos and tried to explain that we come here often and that we like it here. Hi was impressed and let us go. We arrived to Sofia around 9 and met with our friend Diana. She invited us o stay at her place.

No comments: