Friday, December 29

Day 9 - Cleaning oil and dervish show

IstambulIt was a very nice sunny day, but I was a bit nervous that I could not filter the oil I got in Sofia. Agnieszka and Diana went for sight seeing and I decided to stay and take care of our fuel. I connected again the hoses and find out that the pump was working OK. I was happy and started to filter the oil. It took me almost 6 hours to clean all 140 l. After I finished this messy job I took shower and went for dinner with Agnieszka and Diana. After the dinner we were going to see the turkish mystic music and dance dervish show. It was at the famous orient express train station. It look very touristic and the plastic chairs inside a large waiting room look a bit cheap for a 30 TY ticket. After a few songs the dervish ceremony started. First they laid down several lam skins and than five mostly young men came in covered in black. Despite their youth their faces revieled something mystical. After some time they took out the black covers and started to spin around. There was something very mystical in the whole ceremony. I took several pictures and recorded the music. After the show we met one of the dancers. He told us the he started when he was about 14th and that the dervish ceremony is part of the Sufi religion and he Invited us for the official ceremony at the Sufi museum next day. On the way back I took few night picture of the mosques.

No comments: