Wednesday, December 27

Day 6 - Filtering oil

Oil filter
It is nice and relaxing at Dianas' place. It is exactly what we needed a little rest before we hit the road. I tried to filter the used oil I got from Ann. There were twelve 5l plastic jars with oil which I could not fit to my tanks. There has been some improvements on my mobile filter so I was hoping it will be piece of cake to make the filtering. I managed to plug my van to 220 V at a nearby vegetable store. I turned on the heater and connected the pump. Transferring the oil worked ok but when I switched to filtering the pump could not pull in the oil. It was quite cold and I was afraid that the oil would be frozen. I tried to pump my spare biodiesel and it was working OK, but the filtering still did not worked. The guy who made my filter told me that the pump needs 24 volts to have more pressure. I went to look for a 24 V battery charger but could not find any open store. I took out the filter and brought it to my bathroom and took out the 1 micron filter and cleaned the 1st filter. When I connected everything again it was the same and it was not transferring either. I emptied the last barrel with 30 l of filtered oil to the main tank and purred the dirty oil from the plastic bottles to the empty tank and cleaned all the mess. I hope I can @$ volt battery charger and connect it to the pump. We are planning to leave in the morning to Istanbul and stay there for the New Year. Diana is coming with us and she will come back to Sofia from Istanbul.

No comments: