Thursday, January 4

Cappadocia - Cave dwellings

IMG_9924 (1).jpg
It was more cold and in the morning I discovered that our gas i finished. It lasted 2 weeks which was very good. I have three 12 kg gas bombs so It was not a big problem to switch to full one. Since it is a winter I was a bit worried to have enough gas. The problem is that there are different bombs in Turkey and Syria and probably in Jorndan and Egypt. Before I left I managed to add a standard LPG filling connection to fill my bombs at any LPG station. Since almost every station in Turkey has LPG it was very easy to fill my empty bomb with LPG. I hope it will be also possible in the Arab countries. We left around 10 to Goreme. Before the village we saw the 1st mountain with many cave houses. It was something I have never seen before. The next sight of Goreme village was even more impressive - there were many pointed rocks with cave houses build inside. Our first stop was at the open air museum which is just outside of the village. The entrance fee was 10 TL (7 Euro). The place was filled with many cave churches which were build more than 800 years ago. There were a lot of very nice paintings with christian themes. We were told that the 1st Christians came to this place already in the 2nd century AD. We spend more than 3 hours exploring the different churches and I made many pictures. We came back to Goreme and had a nice walk at night. The night scene of the village was also incredible. There were almost no tourists so spent the night at the parking lot right in the village center.

No comments: