Friday, January 12

Damascus

IMG_0970 (1).jpg
It is Firiday and it is Musilm holiday. we arrived to damaskus around 10. There was no trafic and the city was quite empty. We found a nice parking palce between two cemetaries and went to explore the city center. I took my "beduin" coat and indian overalls. Streets were quiet and people looked at me as something very strange. The whole atmosphere was very different. Knowbody welcomed us to Jordan a asked us where we are fom. I did not feel as good. We went to see the big market but it was closed. We visited the Great mosque and stayed for the prayer. Men were at front and the woman in the back. We went to see the citadel but it was not open to the public. Next to the citadel was a nice "eco" garden and a cafee. We found out that it is part of an ecological project. On the way back we bought a very good halva and olives. We came back to our car and I went to visit the Russian truck parked on the same street. They told me that they are from Tazchekistan and they are traveling back from Mecca. We cooked dinner and I fall a sleep in the front seat. I was woken up by a smashing noise. After some time it happened again. I looked out and saw some kids running away. It remanded me the palestinians who are throwing rocks at Israeli army. It was the firs time we experience some unfriendly behaviur. Since we run out of washing water so we decided to leave the grave yard and find more friendly place. After some time we found a parking lot with armored guard. I payed him 50 SP (1 USD) and we fall a sleep.

No comments: