Thursday, June 29

2nd day in Albania June 9

The night at the Sjunghen beach was windy and it stayed the whole morning. After swimming in the sea I went to buy some food for breakfast. In the first pub I met Leonard, police man I saw last night and his colleague. They asked if everything is OK. The restaurant owner asked me where I’m from and he told me that he is living in Germany and he has a restaurant there. He just opened this restaurant 4 months ago. I asked him if he has some used vegetable oil but hi sad that he does not use oil. He wrote me in Albanian the right text and told me where I can ask. I went to the fish restaurant he told me and asked the waiter for used oil and showed him the text. He send me the gas station which was next door. There I met a guy and explained him that I’m looking for an old oil and not for oil for my car. He took me back to the kitchen and cook gave me 3 liter of old oil. This was my first oil I have collected myself. He was quite surprised and took me to 2 other restaurants and I got almost 10 liters. He told me that he is the chief custom officer. It was quite funny to have a custom officer helping me to get oil to power my car. In most countries is illegal to use fuel and not to pay fuel tax. After this successful morning I continued my journey to Monte Negro. The road was very good no traffic gas stations and car wash every 5km. It took me about an hour to come to Shroder. I saw nice castle and asked locals for directions and I found a nice cut to the boarders. Outside of the city I stop to take a picture of a castle and found out it is a new restaurant which is being build. I went to a small restaurant and asked for oil. The owner was quite surprised and I showed him my car and explained how easy it is to convert his mercedes. He gave me 5 litters of nice oil. After 10 km I reached the boarders. The customs were friendly and I paid 6 Euro for 3 days car. In Monte Negro I paid only 2 Euro for car disinfection which I did not have to go through. The country side was very nice and I could feel that I’m in a different country. There were more Zastavas’ (Yugoslav cars) than mercedeses. My plan was to go to Petrovac and Krstac where I had some contacts. On the way I took one hitchhiker. He was going to Ultcjin. He told me that it is a nice city on the coast so I took him there. We stopped at the beach and I went to look around. It was a tourist place, but there were not so many tourists yet. I asked in one fast food for oil but they did not have any. I started to talk to the young waiter about my journey and asked him if he knew somebody who can teach me kite surfing. He called his friend and he came in 10 min. He was 17 old and told me that he started kiting last year and he is the first kiter in this town. He also told me that there is a kiting school and very nice place in Ada Buana. I asked him if he wants to come with me to the beach and try my kite. When we arrived there it was still windy but after we pumped the kite the wind stopped. It was a pity but I was happy to find kiter. I took him back to town and went to the Ada Buana which was 20 km. It was a nice place – a small island on the Albanian borders surrounded by river and the sea. I parked at the beach and went to sleep.

No comments: