Thursday, March 15

Collecting oil and going to Europe

IMG_5252.JPG
In the morning I met Aykut in the Internet cafe and we went to ask for some oil. Most of the places we visited did not have any oil - they just through it away everynight. We find one big fish restaurant where they just gave away 300 l of used vegetable oil. The city officials told them to keep it that someone will pick it up but after 1 month knowbody came so they just gave it up to some gypsy. After this quick survey it was clear that it could be a good business to start collecting oil in Turkey. Aykut's family already collects the used olive oil they sell and they make olive oil soap. He is very in terested in the idea of using vegetable oil for cars and he will try to start collecting oil for his WV van and if it works out he will start an oil business. Im happy that there will be more people who will collect the old oil and use it as a "more" ecological fuel.
I took the ferry to the other side and drove to the Greek boarders. I have came to the borders around 5 pm. The turkish policeman was Interested about my trip to Egypt and he was very friendly. I crossed the boarder and came to the European Union and entered Greece. Instead of being welcomed I had to empty my whole car and the greek police used a dog to smell if Im bringing any drags. It was not very nice and people were also not too friendly. It was a first time my car was searched. It was a very big contrast from what I have been experiencing traveling in the arabic and muslim countries. I spent the night at Alexanropoulis. I fall a sleap at 8 pm and woke up at 9 am.

No comments: