Friday, March 2

Hams - Palestinians, Iraqi and teenager

IMG_4158.JPG
I had another great day in Syria. I wisited Hams and met there with nice Palestinian girls and learened more about the situation of Palestinians living in Syria.
Their mothers biggest wish is to come back to Palestine.
Than I met a Iraqi pilot. He told me that two years ago he was driving with his son in Iraq. An American soldiers killed his son and he was very wounded and still have a lot of health problems. He told me that there are more than 2 million Iraqi refugees living in Syria and that life is quite difficult.
Than I met a 17 year old boy. He is a bicycle racer and wants to learn languages and go to Quebec to see his uncle. He also told me what is it like to be teenager. It looks that the boyfriend and girlfriend relation ships can get more intimate that it looks like.
I left Hams in the evening and I planned to go to see a famous castle. On the way out of the city I met the same guy as when I was coming in yesterday. I showed him where I want to go and he told me that he is going the same direction and that I can drive behind him. His English was not too good. After driving more than 40 km he stopped he showed me where to go. After some time I stopped and asked for direction. After few minutes there were more than 20 local guys on motorcycles trying to help, but know-body spoke good English. They showed me the direction and invited me to their homes. Since I was tired and I felt a bit sick I continued my journey. After few more attempts to find the castle I stopped at a big cross road and asked in a falafel restaurant, but the communication was again very difficult and at he vegetable store was not much better. I entered a small mobile phone shop and met there with Ibrahim who spoke very good English. He invited me for a tea and I as I started to tell him my life story I felt better and we stayed up until midnight talking about life. he offered me to stay over night at his home, but since I have my own I parked next to his house and fall a sleep.

No comments: