Monday, March 19

Survival of our civilisation

IMG_5338.JPG
I cleaned 60 l of oil I got yesterday and went to see a movie called "The planet". It was a very nice Swedish documentary showing the current situation in global warming and the catastrophic consequences in the near future. It was again very shocking how ignorant we are and how little time we have to take some actions before it will be too late. The documentaries I saw show quite clearly that we have 10 years to reduce the activities which cause the global warming. The question is how ? In my journey I see that there is a lot of oil damped to the water sewage which is also very bad for the ecology. Recycling vegetable oil and using it as an renewable energy source can help to reduce the CO2 emissions. If my project can make more people aware of the current situation and possibilities of using the vegetable oil as a good fuel alternative it be small step for the better future. If we want to keep the population ( any growth will be more difficult) we have to lower our consumption. This will be a very difficult task for the so called "developed" world which consumes and pollutes the most If we do not make the changes the price in suffering and the loss of human lives will be enormous. I my journey I have visited many ancient cities and lost civilizations. Most of them were destroyed by earth quakes. This is the first time in the history that activity of some species can change the climate and cause the distinction of many other spices and its own. Despite all this very pessimistic future I still believe that we will manage to live more in balance with nature.

No comments: