Sunday, March 11

Pamukkalle and Hierappolis

IMG 4938
My plan was to continue my journey. Sinc my main tank was getting empty I decided to clean the oil I got in Syria. The cleaning worked quite well and I managed to get few more litters in the other beach restaurant. After this messy job I went for my last swim. When I was ready to leave Tobi came back and asked if he can come with me to the nearby city. We left this beautiful place and on the way took one hitchhiker. He was an older man from Istanbul.
On the way to Pamukkale I stopped at a local market and bought a lot of vegetables and before going to the mountains I bough more oranges. The road thorough the mountains was very nice. The highes pint was 1500 m. The surrounding mountains were covered by snow, but outside was 20 degrees.
I came to Pamukkale on late evening. It was already dark so I did not see the white mountain. I stopped to find out where to go. I met a nice man and hi told me that it is just behind me and that I can park my car in the parking lot of his hotel. He told me that he has a good friend in Czech Republic and showed me a book he got from him. The book was about his African journey. It was nice to find out in Turkey that there are more crazy Checks who like to travel. Since he had a restaurant I asked if he has any used oil and told him about my car and the possibility of using oil instead off diesel. He was very interested and he invited me to the restaurant and I explained the possibilities of using vegetable oil as a fuel. He is very interested and will try to collect the oil from the local restaurants clean it and sell it to the farmers.
Exploring the Pamukkalle.
I wanted to come to Pamukkale already in January but since it was not on our way we decided to go directly to Cappadocia. I saw the beautifull pictures of the white mountains and small pools, but I had no idea that there are hot springs and a big ancient Roman city called Hierapolis. It is not possible to go inside to the pools with hot water. Actually the water inside the pools is not that warm. After climbing the white hill and walking through the running water I came on the top and saw the ruins of the old city. It was quite big. The bets preserved was the theatre with a beautiful view on the valley and snow mountains. I cam back after 6 and my friend was already waiting outside for me. He invited me for a very nice dinner and I showed him pictures of my journey. After the dinner he took me to his carpet shop and showed me a very nice carpets and explain the different qualities. There were few which I like but since they are all hand made that are not that cheap, but I think I will buy one.

No comments: