Friday, March 9

Paradise in Olympos

IMG 4680
My friend told me that I should visit Olympos. It was not too far from Antalya so I stopped there. I came there in the evening and found a beautiful long beach and small river. It was almost empty. I parked right on the beach and went explore the place. There were many small pension cottages. But since the tourist season did not start yet there were closed.
In the morning i went to swiming. The sea was much colder than in Sinai so I did not stay in for too long. After a breakfast I wen to explore the ancient Roman city Olympos. There was an old castle with a beautiful view on the sea and mountains covered with snow. When I went down I discovered that there is a whole city buried in the bushes. It was quite nice to explore this hidden city.
On the way back I met Tobi. A german guy who was working on eco farms in Turkey. He told me about his experiences woring on 2 ecological farms in Turkey and I told him about my Eco auto. He went to see the ruins and I went to ask the nearby restaurant if they have some oil and I was lucky to get some. It was not too much but I met a young Turkish - German guy who told me his story. Hi was born in Germany and when he was 14 he had to come back with his family to Turkey. He works in the restaurant but he wants to come back to Germany. When Tobi came back we made pasta. He told me that in the nearby mountains is a nice place with burning gases. After the dinner we went to explore this mystical site. It was about 5 km from the beach and after paying 2.5 TL we climed up the hill to see several small fires coming from he rocks. It was nice to watch the never ending fire. After this mystical experience we went back to the beach. Tobi wanted to sleap outside and he find a place inside a boat and I fall a sleep in my bed.

No comments: